Some clients think that because they’ve contacted a resume writer, they will also give accurate advice on changing careers or studying at TAFE or university study. That is wrong.
If you’ve lost your job and decided to head off in a new direction, see a career councillor first. It will save you time and money.
They will look at your experience, qualifications and personality and advise you on what to do to get that special job. They are particularly good for:
- High school students who need advice on their career, course and subject options;
- University graduates who are looking for help in kick-starting their career;
- People who want to change careers and need help establishing their future direction;
- People who would like to enrol in further study and need help choosing the right course and
- Professionals who would like to move up the ranks and fulfil their potential.
Resume writers make sure the resume presents the applicant’s qualifications, job history, and experience in a clear and readable format.
Most importantly, they write to sell the client’s attributes to a recruiter or employer.
Professional resume writers come at the end of the career change process.