Here are some ideas that will save you time and money if you use Republic Resumes.
1. Before you contact us, jot down your duties and good results/achievements from your last five years of work and send them when asked. Measurable achievements such as profit, revenue and statistics which show improvement, are resume gold.
2. Write not only your official duties but also what you really do. Duties in position descriptions are rarely accurate.
3. Before you contact a resume writer, check your referees are still current.
4. If you want a resume written for a specific job, allow at least seven to ten days from when the job application is due and when you contact the resume writer.
4. Don't contact us on a Friday and ask to rush a resume through for a Monday or Tuesday deadline. We are booked a week in advance. Never ask for a rush job AND a discount. That's 'career limiting'.
5. You pay when then resume approaches completion or on completion, unless it is a major project. We then ask for payment up front.
6. At Republic, we ask clients to reply to our emailed questions within 24 hours. If you can’t, contact the writer. We aim to complete all products within a week to ten days (executive resumes may take longer).
7. If you miss a deadline and don't contact the writer, we will terminate the job.
8. Resume writers are not career advice specialists. You contact a resume writer after getting professional career advice.