OK. Driving for Australia Post pre Christmas is full on. But if you live in the Illawarra, you could do worse.
Two things to ask: do you use your own van or is one supplied and are you hired as a contractor or as an Australia Post employee?
Apply directly though Seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/50806139
Wollongong, Illawarra and South Coast
“As a temporary Van Driver working in one of our busy Parcel Delivery Centres, you are a safe driver who loves being out on the road. It’s a highly visible role; you start work in the morning or the afternoon where you will begin with sorting parcels at the depot and operating a wide range of equipment to help you sort and load.
Once on the road you’ll drive vans safely and efficiently to deliver parcels to customers’ homes. You’ll have independence on the road, taking pride in providing a trusted service to our customers. So you can start to understand a bit more about a day in the life of a van driver, watch Sue here and Mina by clicking here.
- Keeping fit while sorting parcels at the depot and loading vans
- Driving vans safely and efficiently to pick up and deliver parcels
- Operating loading/unloading equipment to load and unload parcels from trucks and vans where required
- Completing relevant documentation associated with pick-up and delivery of mail articles
Desired skills and experience:
- No driving licence suspensions within the last 5 years and no more than 5 demerit points accumulated within the last 2 years
- A probationary or full state-based drivers’ licence with at least 2 years driving experience
- Must be able to lift up to 16kg on a repetitive basis
- Be flexible for additional hours, changing shift times and changing locations
- Have ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with driving a van or in a previous delivery role is desirable
We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and those with a disability.”